GB Multicare Hospital Bariatric Surgery Expertise
Obesity is a condition where a person’s Body Mass Index or BMI (calculated by dividing height by weight) is more than 30. It is becoming a global epidemic not only in developed nations but also in developing nations like India. Obesity is a huge issue in India too, with morbid obesity affecting 5% of the country’s population.
The GB Multicare Hospital of Excellence in Bariatric Surgery are one of the largest centres for Obesity & Metabolic surgery in the country, performing all the different types of weight loss surgeries including revision surgeries with success rates comparable to international standards. The commitment of our consultants and allied specialists in the treatment of Morbid Obesity has led to the achievement of better outcomes and improved quality of life for obese patients who visit us each year.
Bariatric surgery or weight loss surgery includes a variety of procedures performed on people who have morbid obesity. Weight loss is achieved by reducing the size of the stomach with a gastric band or through removal of a portion of the stomach (sleeve gastrectomy or biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch) or by resecting and re-routing the small intestine to a small stomach pouch (gastric bypass surgery).
- Bariatric procedures including Gastric Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy, Gastric Bypass, Mini Gastric Bypass, Bilio-pancreatic diversion, and metabolic surgeries routinely done.
- Minimal access techniques done, including Endoscopic surgery, Laparoscopy, Single incision surgery & surgery for Bariatrics.
The department is capable to handle any kind of procedure related to Bariatric surgery also to provide world class bariatric surgeries, fighting the fat with cutting edge technology, while following standardized protocol.
- Laparoscopic Gastric bypass Surgery: It is a procedure which causes weight loss by malabsorbtion.
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy: It is one of the most popular procedures amongst all surgical options for the Bariatric Surgery. The stomach size is reduced by about 85% using special staples. It limits amount of Oral intake and produces early satiety.
- Laparoscopic Gastric Band: A Silicon Band is wrapped around the upper part of stomach, creating a small stomach pouch.