Pain & Palliative Care
The GB Multicare Hospital Centre for Pain & Palliative Care offers superlative care to the patients suffering from acute and chronic, disabling pain disorders. The centre is established with a mission to improve the quality of lives of the people with all sorts of pain, using a multi-pronged approach by addressing medical, physical and psychological aspects of pain. The one-stop centre is staffed by a team of internationally trained pain specialists, dedicated pain nurses, physiotherapists and psychologists.
We assist patients suffering from pain caused by a variety of conditions. Some of these pain syndromes include headaches, orofacial pain, neck and back pain, herniated discs, arthritis, myofascial pain, neuralgias, acute and chronic post-surgical or post-traumatic pain, complex regional pain syndrome, painful diabetic neuropathy and cancer pain. We offer a comprehensive range of services for patients with chronic pain. In addition to common treatments such as epidural injections, nerve blocks and trigger point injections, we also perform more advanced interventions such as radiofrequency thermo-ablation, neuro-stimulation/neuro modulation as well as intra-thecal drug delivery system.
The dedicated team consists of a trained, certified interventional pain physicians, one acupuncturist, one psychologist and nurses specialising in pain management. We also provide inpatient consultation services to all departments in Fortis Hospitals. Our pain specialists are part of a multidisciplinary team that works together to address chronic pain issues. When the need arises, we coordinate with other specialists including orthopaedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, rheumatologists, neurologists, onco-physicians/surgeons, psychiatrists and physiotherapists to solve difficult pain problems.
The commonly seen patients in Pain clinics at GB Multicare Hospital are as below :
Causes of Common Chronic Pain
- Chronic Back pain and Slip Disc
- Neck Pain (Cervical Spondylosis)
- Chronic shoulder, arm, Hip, Knee, Leg and Foot Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (New name CRPS, type 1 and 2, unexplained pain and swelling of hand or leg)
- Nerve related pain, Neuropathic Pain, Neuralgias like Trigeminal, Neuropathies like Diabetes and Central Pain like Phantom pain (Pain after amputation, cutting the Limb)
- Post Surgery/Trauma Persistent Pain (Any kind of Surgery or trauma, like spine or hernia or bypass or chest or any abdominal surgery)
- Headache and Face pain.
- Any other pain lasting for more than 3 months even after effective medical or surgical treatment